Sunday, January 06, 2008

Journal Entry - January 6th, 2008

I've already screwed up my resolution this year, and it's only the 6th of january. Oh well :) Anyways, I've decided to stop numbering the journal entries and just put the date on them. So, onto to a weekend recap journal entry..

Friday...what happened friday...Not a whole heck of a lot.

Saturday...Slept in until noon. Guess I was tired. Got together with Todd and Kathy in the evening. We went to the new BW3's in Aurora for dinner. Good food, nice place. Then we did some shopping in the area. I went to Target and got myself a Rubik's Revolution (see prior journal entries). Went to Circuit City and picked up season 2 of Stargate Atlantis. I've been hooked on watching the first season. The circuit city in aurora has really lacking inventory. It's the nearest electronics store to the apartment. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll open a new best buy in aurora/twinsburg/solon ;-) Went to Dick's trying to find an OSU shirt to wear to work on Monday and to wear monday night while I watch the big game, they didn't have anything that looked big enough. Todd got some surround sound speakers. Then I came home and watched more Stargate Atlantis. Started to notice my ear was ringing, not sure if it was from checking out the speakers with Todd or if it's a remnant of the cold/flu bug.

Sunday...got up around nine, called mom and got setup with her. I went home and got her xmas lights and extension cords wrapped up and put away, helped her bring the rest of thexmas decorations down from upstairs, got them stashed away in the basement, and helped her pick up sticks in the front yard and loaded them onto the trailer while she drove the tractor. After that I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a computer desk and computer chair finally, along with Shoot Em Up on dvd and Stargate Atlantis season 3. Had a heck of a time getting the chair and desk into my car, but I was able to get things jammed in, and had the trunk lid held down by the cargo netting, since it wouldn't close. Got back to the apartment and got the desk and chair unloaded, then went back out to giant eagle to pick up some things and prescriptions. Got back to the apartment, got the car unloaded again, and now I'm sitting down watching football. Got some pizza hut ordered online, since I'm exhausted.

so there ya go, now I'm back up to date with my journaling :-P

11 comments:

glittermom said...

I'm assuming you have to put the computer desk together...I did that and half way through found out I had a piece on backwards...was a bigger job getting the part off..broken parts and ended up having to be propped up with a milk crate...not me the desk....Oh well...I'm sure you'll do a better job...

copaX said...

Yeah it's a sauder desk. I'll have pictures whenever I get it put together. But I highly doubt I'll be putting it together tonight, maybe later in the week.

Carlo said...

Atlantis is a good series, been watching it since it came out... If you're looking for more stuff to be addicited to, I suggest:

StarGate SG1
BattleStar Galactica (new, scifi)
Eureka (Scifi)
Moonlight (CBS).

GLITTERGIRL said...

if we could get a video of my mom putting together a computer desk, it would be a youtube hit. she tends to get frustrated, flip out and cuss up a storm. good stuff!

Whitey said...

My wife and I are up to owning Starget SG-1 through season five and we plan to pick up all 10 seasons. They are also planning on releasing two made-for-DVD movies to tie up teh series.

We have every intension to start on Stargate Atlantis as well once we tie off SG-1.

copaX said...

I went ahead and started putting the desk together. Didn't make it past step 2 without missing a part. but I think it'll hold with out it. There was some cursing when that happened. I still have to put more drawers together before it's officially finished.

I've got seasons 1-5 of SG-1, have to finish buying the rest of that series too. I like Atlantis so far, but Major Sheppard's not even close to Col. O'Neil

glittermom said...

A lot of cursing involved with furniture building...at least the furniture I put together...You can relax and slow down the blogging...Glittergirl is off sabbatical...DOes that surprise you?

Groundcat said...

i love that we can order food online.

copaX said...

anybody think it's wrong that so far I've avoided the pizza places that DON'T have online ordering available?

glittermom said...

You people are all computer addicts...Do you even own pencils and paper?

Whitey said...

No, online pizza is up there with free beer for me. You can't beat it. I stopped eating Pizza Hut until the Pizza Hut in my area got on-line enabled.