Thursday, January 03, 2008

Journal Entry #3 - January 3rd, 2008

Today didn't start off too well. I had trouble sleeping, woke up at 5, and for the life of me couldn't get back to sleep. And my acid reflux seemed to be riled up too. I was just laying awake waiting for 7:30 to come so I could have an excuse to be awake. After I got showered and dressed, I remembered I forgot to take my morning pills. So I go to the pillbox and notice my pills are still there from last night. *proverbial smack on the forehead* Well that explains all that. I took both the evening and morning meds this morning and made my way into the office. Of course I had to dig out the car first. I've only had to dig out twice so far this winter, but I'm really tired of winter already.
Made it to work, and was really feeling out of whack physically, probably from the meds. Proceeded to take down the xmas lights around the office, since it was my first day back since the holidays. Everybody else followed suit and we got the area back to normal.
Then the fun began. Got some bad news from the boss. I'm gonna try to avoid going into any details on work-related things like that, just to avoid any potential problems. Let's just say it was bad news. After that I spent the majority of the day working on a rush report request, had to take a late lunch. So, late lunch, work stress, and med funkiness left me a bit of a wreck for the rest of the afternoon. But I tried to keep my cool about it all, and realize I was just having a shitty day and could only do so much about it. I've kinda stumbled upon a new mantra i'm trying to employ. "Find the/your peace" or "Find the/your calm" It's still a mantra-in-progress. My weakness is getting caught up in the moment and letting things snowball on me. I'm hoping the new mantra will help me find a way to defuse those stressful times a bit. Gotta find something until my free therapist can squeeze me in again, since her schedule's gotten a bit busy lately :) (KIDDING!)
I came home, thought about breaking out the leftover irish creme mom made for new year's, but decided against it. I've been drinking when stressed a little too much lately. Instead I plopped down in the recliner, turned on the heat and massage and just chilled, watching Law and Order Criminal Intent, and a little bit of SVU, but then switched over to the bowl game.
I have to do rollout tonight. Hopefully it goes smoothly and tomorrow will be more of a quieter day. I'm thankful it's friday tomorrow, but it kinda stinks that i'm already wishing it was here, after only being back to work for a day :-P

8 comments:

Carlo said...

Hey there, sorry to hear about your crappy day... You still with the same employer I left a while back? Definitely sounds like a typical day there.

Whitey said...

Keep up the effort to see the possitive side... Or at least find a way through...

Play any interesting games lately?

GLITTERGIRL said...

yes, this new job is cutting into our mutual free therapy sessions! dammit to hell.

glittermom said...

Whats with the little print...I can't read it (hardly) us older folk need bigger print...Sorry for the complaint...

copaX said...

Carlo - yep, still here, I'm in charge of the group now

Whitey - I finished up Mass Effect before the holiday. Trying to decide what my next big venture will be. Went back to Blue Dragon for a little bit, but I'm just not feeling it right now. Played a little Halo 3 co-op. Been trying to find a good ds/psp game to play, but none of them are drawing my interest.

glittergirl - yes, god dammit, hurry up and get settled so you can slack off again.

glittermom - I changed the font size, let me know if that's easier to read.

glittermom said...

Yes its much better...thanks...

Whitey said...

I finished Mass Effect and I'm working my way through the second time to get more acheivements.

I'm on the second disk of Blue Dragon and I took a break from that to play Mass Effect so I might go back to that for a break.

glittermom said...

Looks like you will be the new head blogger since glittergirl is semi retired or shall we say run out of material...Shall you assume the title of Glitterboy?