Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Journal Entry #2 - January 2nd, 2008

Today was a very quiet day. I'd already taken the day off as part of my extended New Year's Eve vacation, but had I not had it off already I would've taken it as a sick day. I spent most of the day in bed trying to kick this flu/cold/whatever I've had since Saturday. Didn't really do a whole lot. I've learned over this 6 day "weekend" that weekday morning television is an absolutely wasteland. There's a predominance of "Judge" shows. There was even one I saw today called Jury Duty. The concept is there's three "celebrities" that have to deliberate the usual small claims crap that the "judge" shows deal with. The "hook" (seriously, can I use quotation marks anymore in this post? Let's find out!) is that the "jurors" (HA! I knew it! more quotes!) get to ask questions. as in during the normal proceedings, the "jury" (they can't be stopped!) asks questions. Then they show them deliberating (I almost used the quotes there, but they're getting old). I dunno, but if I had to stay home during the day and try to find something to watch, I'd probably read more. Wait, that'd be a good thing.
Anyways, back to my "journal" entry for the day (look, I'm actually getting close to making the air quote sign in the air whenever I type these) I got the second half of Garland's xmas gift in the mail today. Went out this evening and shoveled my sidewalk so I wouldn't have to do it tomorrow morning before I head to work. Got about 6-7 inches worth of snow I think. This is the second time this winter that on the day after a bad snow I haven't had to go to work. This is both positive and negative. Positive because I don't have to worry about trudging through the snow. Negative because the snow crew here at the complex plow around my car and I have to dig it out.
I called home to check on mom, her back's still bothering her. She's waiting to call the doctor until she's supposed to go back to see him for some followup...in about a month. It bothers me that she's in pain, but I can't force her to do what she doesn't want to do, so I'll just keep asking her if she's called yet. Maybe it'll get to the point that she can't put up with it. At least the massage pad that Caryn and Joe got her for xmas is helping her relax in the evenings. I told her I'd try to get back home again this weekend to finish taking care of the xmas lights and the rest of her decorations.
I think that's about it. Gee, for such a quiet day I typed quite a novel.

1 comment:

GLITTERGIRL said...

what did garland get you for xmas?

and yes, daytime tv is real bad. i once stayed home from work and after 5 minutes of the rachel ray show, i wanted to get dressed and go to work!

maury povich is good for paternity tests and freaks, fyi.