Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Journal Entry #1 - January 1st, 2008

Well here's my first Journal entry of 2008. Got up around 9, went down to Mom's. I spent a couple hours getting her water filter replaced, replacing her garage door opener, and taking her christmas lights down. It was very windy, cold, and snowy by that point. I was trying to get them wound up and all put away but ran out of time, so I'll have to go back down again and finish that part of the job. I drove Mom over to Caryn and Joe's. We had appetizers to start. Then I started playing a new game I got them for christmas called Polarity. Basically the game is all about magnetism. I'll let you read the site rather than try to explain it. It's a really fun, unique game. After that we started playing with their new Rubik's Revolution It looks like a Rubik's cube, but it's not, it's 6 different electronic games that revolve around pushing lighted buttons inside the centers of each of the 6 sides of the cube. I'll probably be picking both of those up someday. After that I laid down on the couch and passed out for a few hours, not sure how long. this flu/cold's really kicking my butt, and I don't think I did it any good going out and taking down the lights today, but they needed to get done. We had dinner (pork, sauerkraut, mashed potatoes, corn) and I got Mom home. Driving home from Ravenna at about 5:30, the snow was horrible, there weren't any lanes on the road, I think I made a top speed of 30 mph. Finally got home, trudged my way through the foot of snow blown against my apartment door, dropped my bags, got into my pjs and just sat down and started to decompress. Mom sent me home some irish cream, so I may partake of that here in a few. I'm thankful I've got the day off tomorrow, because I really don't feel like going back to work yet. I need another day of nothing to recharge the batteries.

2 comments:

Whitey said...

I hear you on the recharg. I'm a little spent at work myself. -- A big project and lots of fine details to go over gets me a little tired in the eyes by quiting time ---

I'll have to check out the rubiks. I'm sure my Son would love it. Does it make alot of noise? If so, is their a silent mode?

Are you still driving the Monte (sp)? You might want to try an all-wheel-drive vehical if so. Not because they really make you all that safer, but I've never got stuck in my Subaru and if a grocery-go-getter is to nerdy for you, you can always try Audi or - hack-cough - a Ford Focus AWD (just buy two so you can drive one while the other is dead on the road somewhere). They are not just for snow, but an AWD corners on dry road amazingly well.

But now that your the cheese at work, you can try for a BMW. The X3 corners excellent, but I've never driven one in the snow...

Oh shit, I'm rambling again...

GLITTERGIRL said...

nice to see you blogging!!!