Monday, January 07, 2008

Journal entry - January 7th, 2008

Monday Monday, can't trust that day,
Monday Monday, sometimes it just turns out that way
Oh Monday morning, you gave me no warning of what was to be
Oh Monday Monday, how yould cou leave and not take me.

-The Mamas And The Papas



Today was a stressful monday. The bad news that I mentioned in a previous journal entry was delivered today. It wasn't my decision overall, but I was put in the position of deciding who got the bad news. Thankfully I wasn't alone when I gave them the news. That would've been very difficult for me to do. Even though I didn't have much choice in the matter, it still bothers me that I had to negatively impact someone's life in that way. Hopefully the person in question will end up ok in the long run.

Not much else happened today. After the drama of the morning, I laid low for the most part.

I started working on the desk last night, got the bulk of the structure put together, still have to put the drawers together. Oh! Imagine my joy when I barely make it past step two out of 20-odd steps when I see I'm missing a "hidden cam." I wasn't happy. thankfully I was able to find a spot that it wouldn't have much structural effect. Hopefully in the next couple of days when I'm not so wiped out I can get the desk put together and finally make my office into an actual office rather than a room with boxes and a computer setup on a rubbermaid container ;-)

1 comment:

Whitey said...

Sounds like you had to lay someone off. I'm sorry man. I always felt like shit when I had to let someone go. No matter what it looked like, I NEVER liked it.