Tuesday, October 14, 2008

wow....this is disappointing

So...this guy had the supreme court deciding whether he was too morbidly obese to be executed. according to the article he's 5'7 and 267 pounds. So I looked up the bmi calculator and found that he's 41.8 I put in my stats, 6'5, 340 lbs, and my bmi is 40.3. I'm moridly obese enough that the supreme court would've debated whether or not I'm too fat to be executed.
clipped from www.cnn.com

Inmate executed after Supreme Court rejects obese argument

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- An Ohio death row inmate was executed Tuesday after the Supreme Court rejected his last-minute plea that he was too overweight to be executed.

His lawyers have argued that the inmate-- at 5-foot-7 and 267 pounds -- is "morbidly obese," and has gained about 70 pounds since his incarceration at age 19. Prison food and confinement in his cell for 23 hours a day, limiting his opportunities for exercise, contributed to his weight problem, his legal team asserted in recent court filings.

 blog it

1 comment:

Mojito Libre said...

Hey, congratulations! You qualify for execution, if need be :)