Thursday, August 07, 2008

Getting Comfortable with Discomfort

Interesting read from UrbanMonk.net. I think this is my major problem these days, just coping with discomfort and not letting it swallow me up.
clipped from www.urbanmonk.net

No one likes to feel crappy, right?

Certain powerful sensations and emotions are simply uncomfortable, if not downright painful. For some people, feeling sadness or grief is nearly intolerable; others would rather cry for an hour than feel intense anxiety or fear. Having experienced some form of depression on and off since my teens (and having grown almost used to it), I’ve always fallen in the latter category. I’d rather bear those ills I know, if I have to bear any ills at all.

Interestingly enough, it was in experiencing some new ones that I learned something about the old ones, and stumbled across a more effective way of dealing with both.

 blog it

No comments: