Sunday, July 27, 2008

New tv shows I've become hooked on

I've gotten myself hooked on two new tv shows lately.



The first one is It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. This show is like Seinfeld: The Next Generation, or Seinfeld: On Crack. It's about a group of 4 people, Mac, Charlie, Dennis and Dee. They own a shithole bar in Philly. Dennis and Dee are brother and sister. Beyond that it's just alot of random craziness, as described in the wikipedia article, "including abortion, gun control, physical disabilities, racism, sexism, religion, the Israeli/Palestinian situation, terrorism, transsexuality, slavery, incest, sexual harassment in education, the homeless, statutory rape, drug addiction, pedophilia, child abuse, mental illness, gay rights, prostitution and Nazis." It is so wrong, and politically incorrect. You can watch it here on Hulu




The second show I got hooked on was Dexter. Dexter is a blood splatter analyst for the police but he's also a vigilante serial killer. Just from watching the first episode, Dexter's just such a unique character. He's a real anti-hero. You can watch clips here at Showtime's website

5 comments:

Whitey said...

OMFG!!! My wife and I watched Dexter and were disturbed for days! That guy is just a little weird for me, and made so even more because I can relate him to someone I know.

Jen said...

mojito also blogged about dexter. i love the idea of the show, but was actually a little bored with it. i think we can all relate just a little bit to someone who can't relate at all.

the sunny in philly show is one people tell me i would love, like arrested development. i missed the boat on arrested development but ordered the DVD box set recently. i'm slow!

copaX said...

I've only watched one episode of Dexter. I have to buy/netflix/procure through other methods to watch that one, so I haven't fully committed to it yet.

IASIP is very, very funny. I'm actually digging it more than Arrested Development in some respects. I'll let you borrow it once I finish it.

Anonymous said...

we love dexter...we are actually planning on getting cable in time for the 3rd season that i think starts this fall. the books are good too!!

Mojito Libre said...

Yeah, way to steal my ideas, Copax!

I actually went out and bought Season 1 of Dexter because I watched Season 2 on On Demand and absolutely loved it.

Maybe I can procure Season 1 discs for you, so you can get up to speed.

Oh, and Always Sunny is hysterical. I liked it when they got hooked on crack on purpose, so they could get better welfare benefits.