Sunday, July 20, 2008

My Problems

This is an experiment.


  • Loneliness


    • Trouble meeting new people (see: Fear of Failure)

    • Trouble getting myself to go to new places (see: Boredom, Fear of Failure)


  • Weight/Health


    • Trouble consistently working out


      • Concerns about exercising in the evening (Past issues with insomnia and possible apnea. Resolved with CPAP now?)

      • Trouble consistently waking up early enough to workout before leaving for work


    • Trouble giving up unhealthy foods


      • Lack of Control - Giving up what I like to eat, being told my efforts are wrong/not of value

      • Fairness - Why do I have to work so hard when others don't? (see: Entitlement)



  • Entitlement


    • Feeling that I'm due a "good" life because I do/did what I'm "supposed" to do


  • Lack of Inner Peace


    • Cause of other items or Effect of other items?

    • Need other people around/involved to be happy. (see: Loneliness)


  • Boredom


    • Trouble getting myself to go to new places/do new things (see: Loneliness, Fear of Failure)


  • Fear of Failure


    • Makes trying new things difficult (see: Boredom, Loneliness)




will update as more comes to mind. After this, my next step is to identify rational vs. irrational items (majority should be irrational). After that, I'll identify what things I'm currently doing that are positives towards changing these problems. Along with the positives, I'll list what things I'm doing that are undermining my progress. Don't know where this is going, but it was something that came to mind and made sense. Putting it here on the blog, is just kind of a way for me to own up to them and admit what's going on.

2 comments:

Jen said...

yeah, there's something about putting stuff in writing, on a public blog, that helps make it seem more real. it's sort of a way to make yourself accountable to yourself.

Whitey said...

Way to go Chris. I finally got fed up with my weight and started working out. I did 5 days in a row last week and I'm all pumped to try it again this week.

Where you work has a small Jim in one of the buildings closest to Miles Road. I used to go there on lunch and do 30 minutes on the eliptical.

Keeping your heart-rate above 120 for 30 minutes straight will give you one heck of a workout and you'll find that your not as hungry afterward (but for the first 3 days, your legs will hurt like H377).

Just some random thoughts from another guy strugling with his weight!